To install Cubase LE 4 on Mac OS X:
- Open the Cubase LE 4 package, follow the on screen instruction and run the installation as usual.
- When you see the installation saying ‘less than a minute‘ but it stuck on the ‘running package scripts‘, force quit the installation by pressing Command+option+escand choose ‘Install’ to force quit.
- Open your application folder, you’ll see the Cubase LE 4 app is already there. Don’t run the app, eject the disk image and restart your computer. (When it asks you whether to force eject, just click on ‘force eject’)
- Install eLicenser Control Centre, you can find this in the Cubase LE 4 installation folder > Application Content > Copy Protection Driveror download from Steinberg website.
- After that, log on to Steinberg dot net, log in (or register a new account if you do not have one) and click Activation/Reactivation, select Cubase LE 4.
- Choose Permanent Activation, enter your SeL number and simply select a product, you’ll receive an activation code by email.
- Open eLicenser Control Centre, click ‘Enter Activation Code‘ and enter the code you’ve received from Steinberg, you’ll have to download the licenser after you enter the code.
- When the download has done, close the eLicenser Control Centre and run the Cubase LE 4, you’ve done the installation and the warning won’t pop out anymore!